Delta 8.7 is a project of the United Nations University Centre for Policy Research and a contribution to Alliance 8.7.
UN University’s Centre for Policy Research in New York is an independent think tank within the United Nations system. It combines research excellence with deep knowledge of the multilateral system to generate innovative solutions to current and future global public policy challenges.
Delta 8.7 is supported by the Home Office Modern Slavery Innovation Fund, the Bureau of International Labor Affairs of the U.S. Department of Labor and the International Labour Organization. Funding from the United States Department of Labor is provided under cooperative agreement number IL‐30147.
The Delta 8.7 Reference Group is made up of more than 35 experts working on the issues of forced labour, modern slavery, human trafficking and child labour. The Reference Group provides regular feedback, suggestions and guidance for the research, data, editorial and outreach work of Delta 8.7.
Data Science Lead
Comms, M&E, Learning
Editorial & Social Media Assistant
UK Modern Slavery Innovation Fund
The £11 million Modern Slavery Innovation Fund was launched in October 2016 to support innovative projects tackling modern slavery around the world. These projects are helping to build the evidence base, supporting victims directly, tackling slavery in supply chains and sharing skills and expertise with international partners.
Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB), US Department of Labor
ILAB’s mission is to promote a fair global playing field for workers in the United States and around the world by enforcing trade commitments, strengthening labor standards and combating international child labor, forced labor and human trafficking. Funding from the United States Department of Labor is provided under cooperative agreement number IL‐30147.
- Jean Allain - Monash University
- Brooke Axtell - She is Rising
- Prof Kevin Bales - University of Nottingham, Rights Lab
- Sebastian Boll - UN-ACT
- Jessie Brunner - Stanford University WSD Handa Center for Human Rights and International Justice
- Holly Burkhalter - International Justice Mission
- Alison Campbell - DFID (UK)
- Charita Castro - Bureau of International Labor Affairs, US Department of Labor
- Harry Cook - International Organization for Migration
- Fiona David - Walk Free Foundation
- Nathaniel Erb - Erb & Associates
- Luis Fabiano de Assis - Brazilian Federal Labour Prosecution Office - Decent Work Data Science Lab & Datahub
- Anne Yael Grant - Modern Slavery Innovation Fund
- Claire Healy - ICMPD
- Olivia Hesketh - UK Home Office
- Anita Househam - UN Global Compact
- Patricia Hynes - University of Bedfordshire
- Duncan Jepson - Liberty Asia
- Sasha Jesperson - St Mary’s University
- Ligia Kiss - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Genevieve LeBaron - University of Sheffield
- Yuki Lo - Freedom Fund
- Alison Marshall - Jones Day
- Laura Murphy - Modern Slavery Research Project
- Brad Myles - Polaris Project
- Nicola Pocock - United Nations University - International Institute for Global Health
- Helen Richardson - Modern Slavery Innovation Fund
- Furio Rosati - Understanding Children's Work
- Fabrizio Sarrica - UNODC
- Joe Schmidt - Freedom United
- Bernard Silverman - University of Nottingham
- David Steven - New York University
- Hanni Stoklosa - HEAL Trafficking
- Marianne Voss - Ethos Matter
- Livia Wagner - The Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime
- Thomas Wissing - ILO
- Shandra Woworuntu - Mentari
- Cathy Zimmerman - London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine